Project Technologist – Building Science
At EXP, we’re driven to provide innovative solutions for the world’s built and natural environments. As a team of engineers, architects, designers, scientists, creators and a community of professionals, we bring diverse and talented people together to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Here, you join a team that leverages differences, harnesses their entrepreneurial spirit in an employee-owned company, that believes diversity is what gives us strength, seeks sustainable results and shares ambitions for each other, our clients and the communities we are part of and serve. To be a part of EXP means to have your own experience, while staying connected to a global network of professionals, who believe we are a part of something bigger. Together, we are EXP.
Are you ready to design your future?
Be our next Project Technologist – Building Science!
Your work environment at EXP
In this role, you will be a part of the Building Science group, of the Environment / Earth Sector, based in the Brampton or Hamilton, ON offices and have the opportunity to work on variety of projects.
What a day at EXP has in store for you
- Conduct and review property condition assessments and capital life cycle cost analysis
- Collaborate with mechanical and electrical staff to assess the condition of the building, where required
- Conduct and review condominium reserve fund studies
- Conduct and review performance audits and pre-performance audits
- Conduct audits/studies for building operations and equipment, and document findings with guidance from technical leads as required
- Conduct ASHRAE Level 1, 2 & 3 energy audits with particular attention to the energy conservation measures, with guidance from technical leads as required
- Review current state of building operations to identify opportunities to improve occupant comfort and energy savings, in collaboration with the mechanical and electrical staff
What your experience looks like
- University/College education in architectural, civil engineering, building science, or a similar field
- Building Science Specialist designation is an asset
- 2-5 years of pertinent experience in property condition assessments, reserve fund studies, and performance audits.
- Familiarity with the Ontario Condominium Act, Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act and Regulations, and applicable building codes and standards
- Knowledge of ASTM E2018 – Property Condition Assessments is a must
- Knowledge in evaluating architectural, building envelope and structural components of the buildings
- Experience in estimating capital costs related to the BCAs and Reserve Fund Studies is required
- Experience conducting general evaluation of mechanical, electrical, life safety, security and communication components, and collaborate with specialized consultants, where required
- Knowledge and experience in conducting ASHRAE level 1, 2 & 3 energy audits is an asset
- Well-organized, articulate, and a team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a vehicle and valid driver’s license
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, thousands of creative professionals across EXP work together to deliver extraordinary experiences year after year.
What makes us different
The passion, enthusiasm, diversity and industry-leading capabilities of our employees make us who we are. We’re committed to providing a challenging work environment that cultivates career growth, encourages creativity and rewards excellence.
Find out more about life at EXP by visiting www.exp.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Should you need any special accommodations, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will arrange for the most suitable accommodations based on your needs.