Senior Facade Specialist
What is the opportunity:
This opportunity is based in Toronto and reporting to the Principal of Building Envelope Services, the Senior Facade Specialist is responsible for overseeing small to large scale projects while maintaining a high level of service for the Building Envelope practice at Entuitive. This entails leveraging technical expertise and working closely with the other service groups in the firm to ensure consistent, consolidated and leading-edge service delivery.
ENTUITIVE would like to supplement its existing Toronto team with a self-motivated individual, with leadership skills and a desire to work in a collaborative team environment. Entuitive’s current projects span the repair and restoration of existing buildings and the design and construction of new buildings. Our project portfolio is diverse and exciting - from commercial and residential skyscrapers to hospitals to opera houses to transit infrastructure - across Canada, the United States and internationally. We are passionate about our work and strive to provide our clients with the utmost in service when it comes to quality and timeliness of our product.
At this time we are looking for an individual interested in advancing their career by joining our local Toronto team, but supported by a well-established and entrepreneurially company with offices across Canada, and in the United States.
What will you do:
Projects and People:
- Work closely with Entuitive’s existing Building Envelope leadership team in growing Entuitive’s presence in the North American market, specifically in the Toronto region.
- Oversee and execution of projects within the realm of building envelope consulting such as existing building repair/restoration/renewal, condition and forensic assessment and the design and performance of building envelope systems for new buildings.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance as a Project Principal leading small to large scale projects through effective management, team leadership, coordination and participation in the delivery of projects thus ensuring a high level of service.
- Ensure the effective management of project budgets through cost control methods, scheduling and resourcing in order to meet project deliverables.
- Identify and participate in the recruitment of key staff that supports the success of Entuitive’s overall business plan.
- Actively participate in the mentorship of staff to grow the future leaders and key contributors of the firm.
- Assist with the development of such templates, standards of practice and information sharing systems that will improve efficiency and the level of knowledge within the group.
- Actively leverage existing client relationships, and develop new client relationships, to grow the building envelope project portfolio.
- Actively coordinate with other individuals and groups in Entuitive for marketing and business development efforts, cross selling between disciplines, work-sharing, sharing of expertise, development of technical standards, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert in building envelope solutions including technologies, methods and practices by keeping abreast of trends and market shifts in order to recommend and implement best practices.
- Write papers and articles for publish in applicable publications.
- Participate in industry related committees, events, programs, and presentations at conferences in order to increase Entuitive’s profile within the industry. Prepare and execute presentations at applicable events and trade shows.
- Participate in internal committees and initiatives where you have particular expertise, experience and/or interest to assist in the firm’s growth and progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and collaborative arrangements within the Architectural/Engineering/Construction community and other organizations to help achieve the goals of Entuitive.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you will need to succeed:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in building envelope consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science, engineering or architecture; or equivalent training.
- Must have a working knowledge and ability to use programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel and Bluebeam (or other PDF mark-up tool).
- Experience in the following programs would be an asset: Therm 6.3, Windows, WUFI, HAM, REFM, Mepla, and any of the various scheduling programs, and 3D building modeling software.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to manage complex situations with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and project management skills with ability to manage scope, schedule and budget.
- Must be willing to work at heights, including climbing ladders and working on swing stage.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Access to a passport and desire to travel for work is an asset.
Entuitive is a consulting engineering practice with a vision of bringing together engineering and intuition to enhance building performance. Founded in 2011 and backed by decades of experience, we’re taking design performance to new heights through our collaboration with clients in North America and internationally including architects, developers, building owners and managers and construction professionals.
Our practice encompasses structural, building envelope, restoration, and special projects consulting. We earn our reputation by applying our ingenuity and use of leading-edge technology, including BIM, in a wide variety of sectors, including: commercial, sports and recreation, institutional, cultural, residential, retail, healthcare, transportation and hospitality.
Our core purpose is to realize our potential for the fulfillment of our people, our clients and our communities. We strive to build a better world by being creative, collaborative, and advanced. We are Entuitive.
Entuitive is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and clients feel valued, respected, and supported.